Saturday, August 08, 2009

I mean, seriously, where to begin

I’ve been stewing over this whole health care reform fiasco ever since it started. People want reform and when they said they wanted reform we meant definition #1 from Merriam-Webster:

1 a : to put or change into an improved form or condition b : to amend or improve by change of form or removal of faults or abuses
2 : to put an end to (an evil) by enforcing or introducing a better method or course of action
3 : to induce or cause to abandon evil ways <reform a drunkard>
4 a : to subject (hydrocarbons) to cracking b : to produce (as gasoline or gas) by cracking

Apparently Congress thinks we meant #2, #3, and even #4 because they must be producing a lot of crack to come up with a bill over 1,000 pages long. Leave it to Government to take something simple and hose it up beyond imagination.

Of course, reading any 1,000 page government document will make the masses cranky, but reading this one is straight out of “Brave New World”. Of course the argument is that things are “taken out of context” or “not understood”, but then again, the other argument is “I can’t comment on specifics because the bill hasn’t been written yet, but I assure you...” or “no, it doesn’t say that, of course I haven’t read it”.

How can a President who hasn’t read the bill and isn’t familiar with its specifics and who doesn’t plan to read the whole bill before he signs it tell me that I’m making ridiculous claims or outright lying about what the Health care reform bill will or won’t do to me and my family??? This is the same President who spent months and months deciding on a DOG, but wants to ram a completely changed healthcare policy down everyone’s throat.

My favorite was “I have a great healthcare program, I’m the President, I have a doctor following me, so this isn’t about ME”... really? SERIOUSLY??? My gah, I’m certainly glad that all that money I fork out in April is going to a full time doctor for you. I have a great healthcare program too, I pay $300 per month for it and its really good... but according to HR 3200 on page 16, if I quit or lose my job, I go on the dole and go into the wonderful “exchange” where I’ll get the Government healthcare program... and never be allowed off of it even if I get another job that has healthcare... which I won’t because it’ll be cheaper for companies to pay the fine for not covering their people than it will be to buy health insurance for them, so private insurance companies, who can’t compete with a never ending pot of government money (via you and me each April) will go belly up in record time leaving us with Austin Powers bad teeth and exploding spleens while we wait in line to be seen by doctors who are paid by the government and could care less if I die on the floor.

Oh sure, you may be telling yourself, I am just one of the Right Wing Extremist, gun clinging, insurance company paid MOBS that are screaming and yelling at town halls and frightening our elected officials who won’t read bills because they have to move fast (like TARP and Stimulus, look how well those have worked out for you) and like Cash for Clunkers with a total of 3 BILLION dollars and growing, paying people with my money to buy a new car when they had a perfectly functioning paid off car and now probably won’t be able to make the payments... get ready for for car crash, just like mortgage crash, coming to a neighborhood near you.

Well, yes, I guess I am the mob, and I’m mad as hell, and I’m not taking it anymore, especially after MY government has the gall to accuse me of being “organized” (like their ACORN and SEIU goons), PAID (puhleeeze, I can’t get xanax let alone a pay check from my healthcare provider), and astro turf. Barbara Boxer says we’re paid because we dress nicely. How freakin out of touch does Babs... I mean Senator... no, frankly I mean you out of touch loon scum bag government lackey... you want respect Babs, you earn it, and you certainly haven’t earned my respect... “same type of people”, “its to hurt our President and change our Congress”. You have that partially right Babs, we want to change Congress... by removing ALL of you currently sitting on your butts and forcing this crap down our throats, expecting us to pay for it and then expect us to thank you.

No amount of polls that say this bill sucks, don’t pass it, no amount of letters stopped TARP, Stimulus, Cash for Clunkers, the purchase of EIGHT luxury private jets for the whim of our elected officials after they berated car manufacturers about their jets (HYPOCRISY!), no amount of screaming, yelling, protesting, letter writing will get them to change their minds... so all of you that mocked the tea parties and told us “you have representation so you can’t have a tea party” well you can kiss my A** because nobody in that congress or senate represents me or the masses of every day, ordinary, nattily dressed, sign carrying americans that DON’T WANT THIS CRAPPY HEALTHCARE!!!!

The White House response: snitch on people spreading “fishy” information about the healthcare plan. Um, excuse me? This from the man that vowed during his campaign that warrant-less wiretaps on US citizens was vile and disgusting and that he would end that practice the moment he got into office... except he didn’t, and actually on 23 January 2009 he said it was perfectly fine and dandy and by the way, immunized the nation’s telecommunications companies from lawsuits... OH YES HE CAN AND YES HE DID!!! Where’s the outrage that Bush/Chaney dealt with? So it doesn’t surprise me the White House is unconstitutionally collecting the names and information of people who oppose its health care reform. It also doesn’t surprise me that his Chicago cronies say things like “If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard” or sending their ACORN or SEIU goons to town halls, giving them reserved seating to fill up halls and denying voters a chance to let their representatives know how they feel about this bill. How about SEIU goons beating up people outside of town halls, or ACORN people berating and getting in the faces of grandmothers, mothers, grandfathers, veterans, small business owners, and other citizens merely doing their constitutional right to free speech? We are called “fringe trying to mess up our meetings” “astro-turf” backed by GOP (who couldn’t organize a fart if it tried), or insurance companies.

When mocked, belittled, chastised, had protestors with fake bloody hands, code pink screaming at them, broken windows, ACORN breaking into foreclosed houses and “taking them over”, President Bush merely stated that it was everyone’s constitutional right to free speech. What do you think would have happened had he asked on the White House Web site for people to snitch on their neighbors? What do you think would have happened had he called them a bunch of nutjobs, racists, loons, and paid organizers? Where’s the outrage people? Where’s code pink now that President Obama is no longer actively seeking Al Queda and Bin Laden, but now after the Taliban and pushing more and more troops with a never ending time table into Afghanistan? Where are they now that terrorists will be spending jail time on our shores once Gitmo is closed? Where’s the anger people? Where’s the outrage?

Oh, that’s right... all of YOU that want this healthcare program for the MINORITY of people without (not the 45 billion that is constantly claimed, but only 10 billion) so you want to trash a good, yet flawed healthcare system and tax the rich to give everyone crappy healthcare... yeah, way to fix it. I also want to point out that liberals keep screeching that we live in a Democracy. Oh no we don’t. You would know that we are a Republic... they would know this if they hadn’t tried to erase the “Pledge of Allegiance” from our life, and most likely they are flummoxed by the whole “... and to the Republic, for which it stands” by that whole uncomfortable “under God” part. So lets play stupid and say its a democracy, shall we... if the majority have healthcare and the minority doesn’t... democracy says leave it alone. Of course, these are the same people that scream Darwin, and yet try to save endangered species... as if they were God. They aren’t, but they want us to think they are, and they’ll continue stripping away our rights until we’re back in 1776... gotta remind you though... that didn’t turn out so well for those British.


2 comments:

Bonnie's Husband said...

Unfortunately, I will have to report this blog to the White House snitch program. I understand if you report 5 people you get a free car wash and a SEIU T-shirt...assuming its an eco-friendly car.

Anonymous said...

You go girl..........next time tell us what your really think! Now Bonnie's husband can snitch on me too...but that sounds kinds fishy!
Mary in wherever